Our client is looking for up to three developers to work on an exciting greenfield project that will drive their business forward over the coming years.
The successful candidates will use modern design patterns and the latest language features of C# on a largely Microsoft / .NET stack to create a scalable system to be deployed across thousands of devices.
You will be working on a small team providing meaningful input into a project where your ideas will be valued. You will be given exposure to a variety of technologies and the opportunity to focus on your choice of different specialisms and programming techniques. You will be working in a relaxed yet productive environment where you can rapidly gain new skills and experience without fear of making mistakes. You will participate in frequent stand-ups and code reviews.
The positions are based in brand new Grade A offices in the Colmore business district of Birmingham city centre, close to road, rail and tram links, restaurants, bars and other amenities. The salary on offer is sufficient to live in Central Birmingham within walking distance of the office.
- Knowledge of OO in C# to a high degree
- Ability to innately apply SOLID principles
- Appreciation of coding style and clarity with the desire and skill to make code comprehensible to others
- Interest in and desire for code to be fully tested or proven
- Ability to implement algorithms from scratch without having to copy and paste the code from elsewhere
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts
- Confident enough to put forward new ideas and challenge the status quo
- Humble enough to own up to bad decisions and mistakes
- Awareness of own limitations of knowledge
- Continuous drive to learn and initiative to look things up
- Desire to look for the right way of doing things rather than the quickest
- Tendency to examine multiple sources of information rather than jump to a conclusion prematurely
- Communication skills to gather requirements from non-technical stakeholders
At this level candidates are not expected to have exposure to the exact technologies being used for the project beyond sound knowledge of C# and good coding principles. Our client would prefer to take on candidates with strong fundamental skills and train them in specific technologies rather than the other way around. Although individual roles will not involve using all of the technologies below, candidates with exposure to any of the following may have a slight advantage by way of demonstrating an interest in useful areas:
- Declarative programming, functional programming, actor-based programming
- Asynchrony, concurrency, TPL, async/await
- F#, Rx, ReactiveX, Service Fabric, SignalR, RabbitMQ, Akka.NET
- Contracts, Eiffel, proof, HOL
- T4, CodeDom, Roslyn, compilers, code generation, automation
- XAML, MVVM, WPF, Blend, UWP, Xamarin, ReactiveUI
- SQL Server Data Tools, Service Broker
CVs are requested in PDF format.