General Manager, Birmingham.
£30,000 + Cash Tips + Bonus + Benefits - On Target Earnings - £42,000
About The Restaurant:
Eat. Drink. Indian. people love them for their awesome food and the laid back vibe! following their success in Nottingham, this restaurant is coming to Birmingham in September and they are looking for someone to lead the team. let's just say they are not your average indian restaurant; they like to do things a little differently. Their food is homely and true to its roots, they have great cocktails, gins & craft beers, a brilliant menu for kids, music that's good for the soul and a space that is designed to create an incredible eating experience.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about food, particular about service and personable with people.
You'll be leading from the front, but very much still part of the collective team, encouraging a good sense of team spirit, a hard work ethic and fun times along the way. They believe in work hard, play hard, so your time off is as important as your time on duty. As the general manager, you will be involved in building sales and footfall to the restaurant and have full accountability for the business and its P&L meaning that experience of financial control is essential. You'll work closely with the head of the kitchen team to keep control of costs and ensure they provide the very best possible experience. They would ideally like you to have at least 2 years' experience as a general manager within a strong establishment.
Important stuff they are looking for:
- a desire to get stuck in, grow with them and really make a difference
- the passion to develop, expand and encourage the team's development
- a proven track record of managing high volume teams
- bar knowledge would be a great bonus
- excellent communication and customer service skills
- confidence with stock take and ordering
- the ability to work under pressure
- strong commercial drive and understanding
- a high level of financial understanding
- experience of working with fresh food products
What you get from us:
- a competitive package, depending on experience
- share of tips
- yearly bonus package
- in house support and training
- excellent career progression. we're a young and growing company and so this is an incredible chance to really become part of something special rather than just running through the motions of a job.
More good stuff:
- your choice of shift meals
- company iPhone
- 45 hour working week and always 2 days off together
- great discounts on food and drink at any site
- social events and activities
- brilliant opportunities for promotion and movement between locations